Tuesday, February 26, 2008

An unlikely trio...

I have been told I haven't put any drawings up in a while and that I need to get my rear in gear, so to speak. I simply haven't had time to color anything in and make it look pretty. However, I've been toying around with a very weird idea to draw some of my favorite directors/movie makers, at least some of the more recognizable. So I sketched up these three (just the faces obviously) recently, just to see if I could make them recognizable. It didn't scan well and I lost some of the shading and you can still see a lot of the "sketchiness" to it (i.e. facial guidelines and such). I think I did an okay job, especially with the top center one, but again, these were just quick practice ones and I don't know if I'll end up doing it in the end, anyway. See if you can figure out who they are. The bottom two are a bit more mainstream than the top middle. I'll put the answers are in the comments section. Hint: the top center is a comedic writer/director with a lot of recent hits. The bottom two have worked together on several projects.

3 comments:

RGartland said...

Top center: Judd Apatow
Bottom left: Steven Spielberg
Bottom right: George Lucas

Chris said...

Oh...I thought it was Lucas, Spielberg and Harvey Fierstein.

Angel said...

HHA I knew it, but I only recognized Spielberg and Lucas. Apatow I guess because I know you love him.