Saturday, January 5, 2008

This long, crazy journey...


Well, as you may know, I had a treacherous journey to Omaha over New Years. Here's a shot of the roads from my journey. At this point, I believe I was picked up by a very kind family who drove me into town so I didn't have to tromp through the snow. So, I got the opportunity to snap this shot.
My car was a bit of a wreck and I had to stop at a gas station to try to rig up the lower engine shield so it wouldn't scrape on the ground. As I knelt down to tie is up with bungee cords, I realized I had just knelt on a dead bird. Poor little guy...
On New Years Eve, we went out to a bar that had a large dance floor. This is Moe along with our friend Mike. I couldn't find a picture of Moe and I where I'm not pulling a stupid face.
I got this shot of a giant ice cream cone atop an old diner from a gas station I stopped at on my way back to Denver. It's not the world's biggest prairie dog, but it was quite something if you ask this guy.
Finally, I learned from my drive TO Omaha that I need to be very attentive while I'm driving. However, the roads were clear and my camera handy, so I snapped a quick shot because I thought the mountains looked really superb.

No comments: