Monday, January 7, 2008

Trip to the Market

I decided my two month old eggs just weren't gonna cut it for dinner tonight. I also felt it was wise to stop blowing $8 picking something (i.e. a massively obese burrito) up from the local Chipotle. A trip to King Soopers was in store. As usual, I encountered all walks of life. Homeless people, a guy and his girlfriend in their pajamas, the short woman in front of me in line who must have tried paying in Yen considering the fact that I was able to grow a beard and retire by the time she was checked out, etc. I bypassed my usual twelve-pack of hamburger patties, deciding that I needed to start eating healthier. Instead, I picked up a pack of processed Hostess donuts (minis!) and three different types of cheese chunks. Finally, I stumbled upon, and I am not making this up, Disney's 'Old Yeller' Chunk Style Dog Food (see picture). Has it really come to this? Has the once all powerful, family-friendly juggernaut actually reduced itself to selling dog food? And why not Pluto brand, or 101 Dalmatians, or Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti Flavored Kibbles? Instead, slobbering away on the front of the bag is the ill-fated, rabid Yeller himself, possibly moments from his tragic end. Yeah! Buy me some of them bits! Also, "Chunk Style"?

THE END!

6 comments:

Matt said...

Hey Rob, that story was halarious. If only I could spell. Poor me.

Angel said...

Next time you go to the grocery store call me, I think it'd be funny plus I could be of help in choosing healthy items that do not include mini-donuts.

Moe said...

lots of 'chunks' talk and that word bums me out. whether it's cheese chunks or dog food chunks...i'm chunked out.

ham on!

Melissa said...

Darn it, you saw me there in my pj's?! :)

Chris said...

I saw that same dog food, and I wondered if it was made from old yeller after he went tits up

Moe said...

'tits up'...sick...